Anyone who has read a few of my blog posts knows that I have been using the same combination of skincare for several years now: Tarte's Maracuja Oil and Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum. And even though I tried the Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil (check out that blog post here) and Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Oil (check out that one here, before I went cruelty-free), I always came back to the Maracuja Oil.
Price Tag: $48 (1.7oz)
Ingredients: Passiflora edulis seed oil (aka maracuja oil) and tocopherol, which apparently is in the family of Vitamin E.
Review: Here's a summary of everything I've said about the Maracuja Oil over my years blogging about it:
- My skin loves Vitamin C and this oil is basically Vitamin C in a bottle, since maracuja is filled with it.
- Since it is an oil, it will feel very oily the minute you put it on, but it will settle on your skin and you wake up with the most radiant looking skin.
- I compared it with similar oils and it is not even remotely close to how good this one is.
- It smells bad!
Price Tag: $35 (1.0oz)
Main Ingredient: Camelina Stavia Seed Oil, Tocopherol (just like Tarte!) and Helianthur Annus Seed Oil (wait, what?!).
- This oil has been making my skin look and feel as soft as a baby's butt.
- Even though it doesn't have the best scent ever, it smells better than the maracuja oil.
- I am more convinced now than ever that this is a pretty powerful dupe (in terms of results) for Sunday Riley's Luna Sleeping Night Oil.
- And just like Tarte's oil, Skyn Iceland is vegan and cruelty-free! <3
I will be re-purchasing Skyn Iceland's Artic Face Oil from now on.
Do you use facial oils on the regular? Which one are you using right now?
Until next time,