By now, you guys are fully aware that I love me some fancy beauty products. And let's be honest... having high end makeup is a way of rewarding ourselves, so why should we be ashamed of saying it makes us feel good? BUT after spending $100+ on two products and needing to give my poor wallet a break, I realized that I actually have some pretty good drugstore products worth raving about. Needless to say, I decided to list my favorite inexpensive beauty products that I literally can't live without:
- Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes - I buy these in bulks, so you can imagine how much I love it. These wipes remove all my makeup without harsh smells or irritating my skin. I even keep one of these in my car because I love how refreshed it makes me feel after a long day at work. And yes, I do know you need to wash your face afterwards (which I try to do most days). But, at least I don't sleep with my makeup on and I really hope you don't either!
- L'Oreal Paris Lineur Intense in Carbon Black - This is the only liquid liner I've used since Lauren Conrad brought back the winged eyeliner trend. The color payoff is amazing and it lasts the whole day on the lid. To be really honest, I've been tempted to try higher end liquid eyeliners, but I've controlled myself. If it ain't broke why fix it?
- Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer - I am a self-proclaimed concealer snob thanks to my genetic dark circles that won't go away no matter how much I sleep, if I use 10 "brightening" creams and put two cold spoon over my bags (trust me I've done it all). So you can imagine how skeptical I am about drugstore concealers. But I felt obligated to try this after several Youtubers kept raving about it. I must say that I am very satisfied with how it looks during the daytime over a BB cream, serving as a great dupe to save my beloved super fancy concealers for emergencies and special occasions. Jackpot!
- L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in Midnight Black - Remember when I said there is no good drugstore mascara in my life? Well, I retract myself because I just found one that actually curls my super straight lashes without an eyelash curler. Can't even believe I'm writing those words! This wand has different shapes that help you access all the right lashes. Does that even make sense? Just try it! :)
- Carmex Lip Balm - If I had to choose one holy grail item in my life it would have to be this. Thanks to my sinus, it's the only lip balm that keeps my lips healthy and I can't go to sleep without it. Am I addicted? Maybe...
- Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer - I heard about these "Apocalips" for the first time from British beauty vloggers and I must say how disappointed I was when I found out they changed their name for the American public. What's wrong whit Apocalips? So scandalous... I love it! So, besides the disappointing name change, this is a great long wearing lip color that can almost be a dupe for Stila's Liquid Lipstick.
- Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser - You guys know I can't talk about drugstore faves without mentioning my beloved facewash. It's the best gentle cleanser if you don't like putting too many stuff on your skin.
- L'Oreal Paris Magic Lumi Highlighter Concealer - I purchased this after reading many reviews about YSL's Touche Eclat and feeling too cheap to spend $30 on it. I use this as a highlighter over my concealer and foundation when I go out and believe it or not, it doesn't look cakey at all.
- EcoTools BAMBOO Starter Makeup Brush - I found this brush inside an EcoTools starter brush kit I bought a while back and found out is the perfect brush for liquid foundation. It blends perfectly on the skin and makes you looked airbrushed. Must try!
So there you go! Now you know I am not always breaking the bank. What are your drugstore holy grail products?