After several months considering setting a budget for monthly facials, I finally figured out that maybe paying $99 for a Clarisonic Mia 1 could be a better option. I went for the first generation of the Clarisonic Mia because of all the great reviews and of course, the price!
So here's my feedback:
- Prepare to be mind blown the first time you use it! - You will literally feel like you have a whole new layer of skin because of how soft it feels afterwards.
- It is completely normal to have a few breakouts the first two weeks - Since your skin is not used to having such a deep cleansing procedure (I'm very sure mine didn't!), don't get disappointed by a few breakouts the first couple of weeks. It's just getting rid of all the yucky stuff hiding beneath your skin!
- Try combining it with a gentle cleanser with no harsh chemicals - I haven't switched from my Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser in two years because it's that good. I thought it couldn't get any better until I started using it with the Clarisonic Mia!
- You'll start switching to lighter foundations or not wearing any at all - Give it one month and your skin will begin to clear out like you've never seen it before. You'll feel so proud of your skin that you'll want to flaunt it and rock the no makeup (or "no makeup" makeup) look.
- Your toner, serum, night cream, facial oil, etc will start working like magic!- As you all know, I've been using my First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads, Ole Henricksen Truth Serum® Vitamin C Collagen Booster and finishing it with Tarte's Maracuja Oil. I'm living proof that every product that you use after cleansing with Clarisonic will absorb like a charm!
My Final Verdict:
If you are looking to try Clarisonic for the first time, I would definitely say go for the Mia 1 ($99) vs Mia 2 or Mia 3. Besides the price, the only big difference between these are it's speeds (Mia 1 has one speed, Mia 2 has two speeds and the Mia 3 has 3 speeds combined with a larger handle), which I honestly find gimmicky and not worth spending $149-$200.
Even though I'm sure a professional facial cannot be substituted by a cleansing device, I extremely recommend the Clarisonic Mia 1 for all of you how are looking to save money and still have great skin. So go ahead! Try it! You have nothing to lose since it has a 90-day money back guarantee! Do you have one? What do you think?