I don't do monthly favorites every month because I feel like it kind of gets repetitive after a while. But this month I've been testing out a lot of products and surprisingly, most of them have turned out to be really awesome! I'm talking about holy grail status awesome.
I've been very into skincare lately because even though I always stick to my Tarte Maracuja Oil, last year I wasn't as good sticking to an every day routine. So without further ado, here are my February Favorites:
- Glossier's Priming Moisturizer - Oh my dear lord why didn't I try this before?! I never believed in primers until I found this. But now, I can't imagine a day without wearing this before my foundation. Because it is so lightweight and has absolutely no scent, it feels great on my oily/ prone to acne skin. Also, I've been struggling to find the perfect daytime moisturizer so now I found the perfect primer AND moisturizer. Can't you tell I'm obsessed?
- Josie Maran Argan Milk Serum - I purchased this literally on a whim and honestly, I didn't really thought it would work on my skin. I thought, why would I wear an oil based serum before my facial oil?! But I just loved that it's made out of two ingredients: water and argan oil. The thing is I've been using this before my well loved Tarte Maracuja Oil and I think I've been calling this routine my skincare power couple ever since!
- Tarte's Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder - This is another, "why hadn't I try this before?" product. The powder is so finelly milled that it makes your skin look flawless and hydrated without looking cakey. This finishing powder, Glossier's Priming Moisturizer and I are unstoppable. I never imagined looking at my makeup at 5:30PM and it being looking as flawless as when I first put it on.
- NYX's Micro Brow Pencil - People! We've found a dupe for Anastasia's Brow Wiz!!! I saw this at Walgreens on Valentine's Day and I had no clue NYX had a mechanical brow pencil. Honestly, I don't know much about this brand besides the fact that every youtuber used their eyeshadow sticks as eyeshadow primer back in the day, but now I need to know more. I see no reason to spend almost $20 on a high end brow pencil when this one works just as well (or better) than any of the higher end brands. Go try it and let me know what you think! :)
- Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita II - Am I the only one who looks for a "signature lip color" when going out on vacations? Well I do, lol. I bought this because I wanted to try a new liquid lipstick in a Kylie Jenner-ish shade for my upcoming trip since my Stila in Patina is missing! It turns out I found the perfect formulation for my lips. If you don't like super brown lips, this has a beautiful rosy undertone that I believe is flattering in almost any skin shade. Yes, liquid lipsticks are drying, but this one is not annoying at all. It has lasted me 5 entire hours without having to put on a balm!
- Tarte's Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess - I discovered this about 4 years ago in a Sephora 500 points perk and I remember being completely in love with it. Every time I wore it people complemented me on my glowing skin. That's when I bought it full size, used it for few months and then kind of used it only on special occasions. Now I've fallen back in love with it and I've been loving using it every day as contour because of the subtle bronzy/ not shimmery glow it gives my skin.
PS: If my bronzer contouring hater/ hairdresser Lio reads this, he's going to kill me! lol.
The Woman I Wanted To Be by Diane Von Fustenberg - Last but not least, I wanted to talk about this beautiful book that I wasn't able to put down for long periods of time during February. I really didn't know much about this designer besides the fact she invented the wrap dress and Whitney Port worked with her on The Hills. Turns out this woman had a beautiful life full of partying with royalty, travel and most importantly, love. The book is based on all the things she had to go through to become the woman she always wanted to be. Many critics say this book is not relatable at all since she has lived in pure luxury almost all her life, but I think that somehow you can relate to her stories. She translates her feelings and vulnerability through the pages in a way you can't help but understand what she went through and compare it to some moment in your life.
Let me know if you would like a full review on this! I would gladly dedicate an entire post about this.
So February was definitely full of lovely things for me, even though I am not a fan of Valentine's Day. What are the odds?
Hope you have a wonderful March.
Until next time,